Inspection & Receiving
All merchandise is counted, inspected and carefully packed before it leaves our warehouse. Our terms of sale are FOB shipping point unless otherwise specified. The carrier upon acceptance of the shipment assumes responsibility for its safe delivery and is wholly responsible for any loss or damage in transit. Claims for product loss or damages must be received within 5 working days from receipt of goods. The carrier agreements require us to file a claim in a timely manner otherwise, the whole process can get delayed or denied.
CHECK YOUR MERCHANDISE IMMEDIATELY! ALL PROBLEMS MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN 5 DAYS OF DELIVERY.
Here are some important steps to follow when receiving your packages:
Product Inspection and Receiving
- INSPECT CONDITION OF BOXES IMMEDIATELY — Insist that visible damages be indicated on your copy of the freight bill.
- OPEN SHIPMENT WITHIN 3-5 WORKING DAYS OF DELIVERY AND INSPECT ALL PARTS (for concealed damages) — Check carton’s thoroughly to avoid throwing away small parts that may be wrapped in packaging material. Make sure you have all boxes, if boxes are missing it is your responsibility to note that with the carrier.
- IF YOU ARE MISSING AN ITEM — If any item is missing and not marked “Back Order” or “Shipped Separate” on your packing slip, please contact Nova Display Systems Customer Service immediately.
- IF ANY PART IS DAMAGED — If your order is received in non-satisfactory condition, keep all packaging and notify the carrier immediately requesting an inspection. Follow up with a written request. Maintain a file for claims purposes.
- IF THE WRONG PART IS RECEIVED — Contact Nova Display Systems immediately for a return authorization. A Call-Tag will be issued if the mistake is Nova Display Systems fault. If a part was mistakenly ordered, it is your responsibility to contact Nova Display Systems and return the incorrect item.
- For damaged items we will file a claim on your behalf upon receipt of carrier’s inspection report.
Returns and Exchange Authorizations
- A return authorization number/card is required for all returns. Do not return merchandise without authorization. Any return without a valid RMA CARD will be refused and returned to shipper. Please contact customer service to receive your RMA Card (Return Merchandise Authorization Card).
- Standard stock items in original, unopened packaging may be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt and are subject to restocking fees. Items must be in their original state (new, unused, and undamaged). All returns must be accompanied by the order statement and RMA card. Returns must be insured for the invoiced value of the merchandise. We cannot be responsible for lost or misdirected returns. If you paid for your order by credit card, a credit will be issued and will appear on your next billing statement. A 15% restocking fee will be charged on all stock merchandise returns. Restocking fee for special order items including non-stock merchandise is 30%. Please note that custom, made to order, or non-stock merchandise (including but not limited to acrylic accessories, aluminum profiles, aluminum rails, etc.) are not-returnable. If you have any questions, ask your salesperson for details.
Returned product must be in new and useable original condition for a refund.
Original shipping charges, including any express shipping, as well as item packaging fees, are not refundable.
- Shipping charges for returned product are the responsibility of the customer and will not be reimbursed or refunded.
- Do not return your merchandise after 30 days of purchase. If you return your merchandise after 30 days of purchase, you are not entitled to receive a refund and your merchandise will not be returned to you.
- Call Nova Display Systems Customer Service to log a claim and receive a return authorization card/number. You can also email your claim to [email protected]
- Place the product(s) to be returned back in into their original or equivalent packaging, prepay shipping charges, and insure the shipment or accept the risk of loss or damage during shipment.
- Complete the bottom portion of the Return Card or make a Copy of RMA Card and place it in the box with the returned product(s) and your order summary receipt. Securely seal the box.
- Include a copy of the original receipt. Please retain a copy for your records.
- Write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the box with a bold marker.
- Contact UPS or Federal Express to schedule a pick-up, or bring it to one of their locations.
Product Return Address
Nova Display Systems, Inc.
Shipping & Returns
875 Wilson Street, Suite B
Eugene, OR 97402